Mine Deaths Caused by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

May 20, 2008 12:00:00 AM PDT
Toxicology tests just released show three men found dead in a Madera County mine died from carbon monoxide poisoning.The bodies of brothers David and Matthew Alison from Prather and their cousin, Brannon Scharf of Madera, were discovered in an abandoned gold mine in O'Neals late Saturday night.

The three had been pumping water out of a mine while searching for gold when they were overcome by carbon monoxide from the generator.


Load Comments