Impressionist Danny Gans Dies in Las Vegas

June 9, 2009 12:00:00 AM PDT
The Clark County coroner says Las Vegas entertainer Danny Gans died accidentally because of a toxic reaction to a pain killer. Coroner Mike Murphy said Tuesday that an autopsy, toxicology and microscopic samples showed the 52-year-old Gans' death was not an issue of drug abuse.

Murphy said Gans had toxic levels of hydromorphone in his system when he died. Hydromorphone is an opiate drug used to treat chronic pain.

Murphy says Gans had a toxic reaction to the drug because of an existing heart condition.

Police say Gans was found dead in bed at home in Henderson early May 1 after his wife, Julie, reported she couldn't rouse him.

Gans was a singer, actor and impressionist who spent more than a decade working his way to top billing on the Las Vegas Strip.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

   ENTERTAINMENT NEWS | TWEET@ABC30 | FREE ABC30 WIDGET
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
Breaking News E-Mail Alerts | Text Message Alerts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More News on abc30.com
California/State | National/World | Weather | Local | Business | Politics | Sports | Health Watch | Consumer Watch | Mr. Food |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Load Comments