Colorado Toddler accidentally eats Magic Mushrooms

December 8, 2009 12:00:00 AM PST
A Colorado toddler is recovering after accidentally eating a hallucinogenic mushroom.The parents of the boy say a family friend stayed with them over the weekend. That's when they think their 12-month-old son went searching inside their guests backpack.

Inside the backpack were the mushrooms that the toddler ate. Soon after the boy started acting funny and broke out into a cold sweat.

"It was like he had a fever. But a really bad one. That was enough for me. It was enough for me. It's enough for me when he has cold sweats to get concerned," said the father Jeremiah Vilante.

Denver C.P.S. did not allow the boy to return home until they checked out his parents. They passed the check but C.P.S. is continuing to monitor them.