Mr. Food --Our salute to British fare, starts at Kingshead Pub where we were inspired by the?Summer?Olympics in London. These hot 'n' hearty all-in-one pan Farmhouse Ham and Cheese Bake sandwiches will earn you a gold medal every time you make them!
- 8?slices hearty white bread
- 1/2?pound?sliced deli ham
- 2 cups?shredded extra sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons?butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon?dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon?chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon?salt
- 1/2?teaspoon?black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch?baking dish?with cooking spray.
- Place 4 slices of bread in prepared baking dish. Evenly layer ham over bread. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over ham and top with remaining bread. Spread?butter?over top of bread.
- In a medium bowl, mix together milk, eggs, mustard, chives, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until egg custard is set and bread is golden.
Read more at?http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Farmhouse-Ham-and-Cheese-Bake#ys6K5y0Rgg3A16cg.99