Fresno house fire injures three

August 7, 2012 12:00:00 AM PDT
An electrical problem is to blame for a fire that injured three people this morning in Southeast Fresno.

Authorities say the fire broke out shortly after 4 a.m. in a home on Bend Avenue, near Cedar. Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen, and spread to the attic, before it was contained. Three people suffered minor smoke inhalation, but were treated and released at the scene.

The house did not have working smoke detectors, but authorities say luckily, one of the residents woke up.

"The occupants were alerted when somebody smelled smoke. We cannot stress the importance of a working smoke detector in the residence where you sleep and occupy," said Lawrence French with the Fresno Fire Department.

Authorities say the fire victims will live with family members for now. Fire officials estimate the damage at $15,000.

Load Comments