Young Chefs Academy
Sure to Please Sugar Cookies
6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 tsp. salt??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1. In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
2. In another bowl, measure out the dry ingredients and combine with a whisk.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little at a time until the flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.
4. Divide dough into 4 parts and shape into discs. Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 14 minutes (depending in the size of the cookie) or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe makes up to 5 dozen - 3 inch cookies.
Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheel Cookies
Measuring cups and spoons
3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. milk
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. peppermint extract
½ cup crushed candy canes
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
3. Divide the dough in half. Add chocolate and vanilla to one half of the dough incorporating with a wooden spoon. To the other half, add egg yolk, peppermint extract, and crushed candy and incorporate with wooden spoon.
4. Cover both with plastic and chill for approximately 5 minutes. Divide the chocolate dough into 2 balls and roll out onto wax paper separately to approximately 1/4-inch thickness and 9 x 12 inch rectangles. Divide the peppermint dough into 2 balls and roll out onto wax paper separately to ¼ inch thick and 9 x 12 rectangle. Place one peppermint dough on top of one hocolate and press together around the edges. Use the waxed paper to help you roll dough into a log. Repeat with remaining chocolate and peppermint dough.Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 2 hours or quick-chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheets with cooking spray.
6. Remove dough from the refrigerator/freezer and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Place cookies 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet and bake for 12 to 13 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking time.
7. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes, and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen cookies.
White Chocolate Martini
(Recipe by Fashionably Bombed)
3 oz. Half & Half
2 oz White Chocolate Licquer
1 oz Vanilla Vodka
1/8 tsp Peppermint Extract
To garnish rim of the glass:
White chocolate and crushed peppermint candies
Shake all ingredients with Ice in mixer. Melt White chocolate and line the rim of the glass with chocolate and crushed candies. Strain liquid & serve in Martini glass.
White Christmas Sangria
1 granny smith apple
1 gala apple
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 Bottle of Pinot Grigio
1/2 Cup white Grape Juice
1/8 cup Simple syrup
1 1/2 cup club Soda
1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary- to garnish pitcher or smaller pieces to garnish glasses
Mix all ingredients together!Cheers!