WHY: Magnets holding the pumpkin shell pieces together can become loose, posing an ingestion hazard to young children. If swallowed, these magnets can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
INCIDENTS: None reported.
HOW MANY: About 1,800.
FOR MORE: Contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores at 888-739-4120 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, or visit the firm's website online at http://www.joann.com/productrecall.