The holiday season is here, and for many of us that means sending holiday wishes to friends and family around the country.
The U.S. Postal Service expects to ship more than 15 billion cards, letters and packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve this year!
According to the U.S. Postmaster General, here are the deadlines you need to be sure you mail arrives by Christmas:
- Packages to troops in Afghanistan: December 10th
- International: Check USPS.com for shipping calendar
- Letters, mail, cards (First class mail): December 20th
- Packages - Priority mail: December 21st
- Packages - Express mail: December 22nd
To find all the deadlines, go to USPS.com
Tips from the U.S. Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe:
- The earlier the better.
- Use Priority Mail. Flat rate boxes are free at the Post Office or online.
Watch the video above for the full interview with Patrick Donahoe, U.S. Postmaster General.