Grease fire damages 4 Fresno apartments

December 3, 2012 12:00:00 AM PST
Authorities say a kitchen fire damaged four apartments and displaced several people in Northwest Fresno.

Nearly 40 firefighters rushed to an eight-plex on Marks, near Clinton on Sunday. Investigators say a kitchen fire grew out of control after the residents tried to put out the flames with water. The fire spread to three other units.

No one was injured, and the apartment manager is now helping the affected tenants find other places to stay. Officials say this is a reminder to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen because water makes grease fires worse.

Load Comments