Porterville woman catches fire after lighting a cigarette

January 3, 2013 12:24:37 AM PST
Investigators performed an autopsy on a Porterville woman who died after she caught fire while trying to light a cigarette at her stove.

The fatal accident happened Tuesday in a mobile home located at Morton Avenue and Lowery Street in Porterville.

When firefighters arrived, they found the 51-year-old woman dead in the kitchen area of her home. Her name has not been released.

At this point, investigators are also not saying exactly how she caught fire after lighting the cigarette.


Load Comments