1)"How'm I doing?"
2) "I'm not the type to get ulcers. I give them."
3) "You punch me, I punch back. I do not believe it's good for one's self-respect to be a punching bag."
4) "If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, vote for me. If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, see a psychiatrist."
5) "Have you ever lived in the suburbs? It's sterile. It's nothing. It's wasting your life."
6) "I don't want to leave Manhattan, even when I'm gone. This is my home. The thought of having to go to New Jersey was so distressing to me."
7) "I know that nothing happens here on this Earth that wasn't ordained by God. I know that. You know that. And therefore, while I know that it was the people who elected me, it was God who selected me." In 1985, during an Easter Sunday worship in Harlem explaining why he thought he was selected by God to be mayor. The next day, Koch stressed that it did not necessarily mean he was endorsed by God.
(Information provided by the Associated Press)
Get Eyewitness News Delivered