Food left on a stove causes fire at Fresno restaurant

March 21, 2013 12:00:00 AM PDT
The Fresno Fire Department quickly put out the fire at the Lao Vieng Oriental Restaurant on Olive near Chestnut just before 7 a.m. Thursday.

Fire fighters say the restaurant had a working sprinkler and air vent system that had recently been serviced but the fire melted part of the hardware for the system. That prevented water from the sprinkler system from reaching the fire.

The fire department says damage estimates are near $50-thousand. No one was injured in the fire. There is no word yet on when the business will reopen.


Load Comments