Routine FDA testing of some food at a production facility tested positive for salmonella, but no pet or human illnesses have been reported.
The company is recalling all products with expiration dates prior to June 10, 2014.
The recall involves:
- Innova Dry dog and cat food, biscuits, bars and treats
- EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food and biscuits, bars and treats
- California Natural dry dog and cat foods and biscuits, bars and treats
- Healthwise dry dog and cat foods
- Karma dry dog foods
- Mother Nature biscuits, bars and treats
Consumers can request a replacement voucher or a refund. If you have questions, call the company at (800) 224-6123 or visit www.innovapet.com for more information.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.