Mr. Food --These colorful cookies will add that festive touch to any cookie platter this?holiday season. The recipe for Cherry Drops is so easy, you'll want to make these all year long!
Cooking Time:?10 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 sticks?butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce)?package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup?sugar
- 1 teaspoon?vanilla extract
- 3?1/2?cups?all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon?baking powder
- 60?maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
- ?White decorative crystal sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add gelatin and sugar and beat until well mixed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass, and make an indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb. Place a cherry in indentation and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you prefer, you can use cherries without stems and you can even cut them in half. Whatever works best for you!