FRESNO, Calif. --Chef Shayna from the Young Chef's Academy has a quick and easy Valentine's Day treats that will make your sweetheart think you had it all planned.
- 4 cups strawberries
- 1TSP Cornstarch
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 3 TB Sugar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pie Dough
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out pie dough 1/4" thick and cut heart shapes.
- Slick strawberries and combine in a bowl with next 4 ingredients.
- Place berries in center of heart.
- Brush egg wash on edges and top with heart.
- Crimp and seal edges with a fork.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.