FRESNO, Calif. --March is National Nutrition Month and we're giving you some easy ways to whip up something healthy.
Zucchini Noodle Dish
- Wash and dry Zucchini (1-2 zucchini per person)
- With a Julienne Peeler firmly peel the zucchini. Pull apart each strand and place in a microwave safe bowl. Continue with remaining piece.
- Into the bowl, add 1 inch of water and cover with Plastic wrap or a microwave safe lid.
- Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Be careful not to overcook.
- Drain the water.
- Serve the noodles with your favorite Marinara or Meat Sauce & Parmesan Cheese.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Squash in half lengthwise with a very sharp knife and some muscle.
- Place face down in a 9x11 Baking Dish.
- Add 1 inch of water.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes or until the flesh is tender.
- Using a fork scrape the flesh until Noodle-like pieces start to form. Continue until you reach the skin at the bottom.
- Place the noodles in the emptied Skin for a creative way to serve your dish.
- Cover in your favorite Marinara or Meat Sauce and top with Parmesan Cheese.