FRESNO, Calif. --Chef Shayna from the Young Chef's Academy in Northeast Fresno shares a recipe for a chocolate donut that has a healthy twist.
For the donuts:
For the glaze:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
To make the donuts:
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk and oil.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
5. Spoon in a greased donut pan.
6. Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
7. Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
To make the glaze:
2. Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.