Woman accidentally sets Visalia home on fire, crews say

February 22, 2014 12:00:00 AM PST
A woman accidentally set her Visalia home on fire late Saturday morning, firefighters said.

Crews rushed to the house on Garden Street and Laura Avenue just before noon.

Firefighters discovered the resident had thrown her jacket onto a table where a candle was burning. The woman tried to put out the flames herself, but they quickly spread throughout the kitchen.

Fire crews contained the blaze and saved a dog and cat that were inside the home.

The total damage was estimated at about $7,000.

Officials said the two people living there were not displaced.


Load Comments