Crews rushed to the area of First Street and Pine Avenue just before 2 p.m. Sunday for reports of a little girl trapped in a burning house. They searched the home and learned she made it out before they got to the scene.
Firefighters quickly contained the flames to the detached garage. They say it appears the fire started outside, and it's possible a child may have been playing with something flammable.
Ten people live in the home, and fire officials say the property had a lot of plastic, rubber, and other materials that created the black smoke witnesses spotted in the sky.