Faulty electrical box suspected in Southwest Fresno house fire

Fire investigators say a faulty electrical box may have caused a Southwest Fresno home to go up in flames on Sunday night.
March 23, 2014 12:00:00 AM PDT
Fire investigators say a faulty electrical box may have caused a Southwest Fresno home to go up in flames on Sunday night.

The fire happened on Lotus Avenue near Church Avenue around 8 p.m. Fresno firefighters say a person in the house called 911 after seeing sparks coming from an electrical outlet. They say the sparks caught the curtains on fire and then flames quickly spread.

Crews say by the time they arrived minutes later, there were flames and smoke throughout the house. There was a lot of smoke and heat damage to much of the home.

The Red Cross responded to help the two people displaced by the fire.


Load Comments