FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --Fire crews were called to house a fire around 1:45 a.m. on Friday on Madison Avenue near Orchard Street. Whey they arrived they found the back of the house engulfed in flames. Everyone inside was able to get out safely.
Fire fighters believe the fire started in either the kitchen or living room of the home, before spreading up into the attic.
Fire officials say it was busy morning. "We were responding to a fire in the south east portion of the city just before, this call came in, and two of the five units that responded were actually on another incident. We had units responding to two incidents at the same time," said Batt. Chief Todd Tuggle, Fresno Fire Department.
The Red Cross is now helping the people who were living in the home find a place to stay.