• COMMUNITY EVENT 2017 Civil War Revisited - Saturday & Sunday; Fresno Historical Society/Kearney Park

Fresno State student injured, home damaged, in Fresno kitchen fire

EMBED </>More Videos

Four Fresno State Students are sleeping somewhere else, after a fire sparked inside their home. (KFSN)

Four Fresno State Students are sleeping somewhere else, after a fire sparked inside their home.

The fire started inside a house on Barton, north of Gettysburg in Northeast Fresno. Officials say one of the students was cooking and started a grease fire. When he tried to move the fire, he burned his hand.

Firefighters were able to put out the flames, but it badly damaged the kitchen. The student was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center to get his hand checked out.

"Just want to remind folks at home. If you have a grease fire, use a lid to cover it. Turn off the stove, and use an extinguisher. Try not to move a grease fire, as it could burn you. It could even spread the fire in your home," said Rich Cabralm, Battalion Chief, Fresno Fire.

The student is expected to be okay. The four students have renters insurance that will cover the cost of the damage.

Related Topics:
firehouse firefresnoFresno - Northeast
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments