FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --Three people were injured, including two firefighters, while battling a house fire in Southwest Fresno.
The fire sparked around 9:45 at a home on Hawes Avenue near Teilman.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation, but fire officials say the heat inside was overwhelming -- which led to more injuries.
"The two firefighters received fairly minor burns to their ears, which is one of the least protected areas for firefighters," said Thomas Cope, Battalion Chief, Fresno Fire Dept.
Fire crews say the injured firefighters were wearing the proper amount of protective gear and are expected to be okay.
A homeowner believes a lit candle set fire to a nearby curtain. Fire officials found marijuana inside the home, but it's not known at this time if it was a legal growing operation.