FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --A gas leak forced the evacuation of Roosevelt High School in Central Fresno Wednesday morning.
A staff member reported smelling gas near the auditorium where students were in class. That person notified the school principal-- and as a precaution-- the entire school was evacuated to the track field.
The Fresno Fire Department and PG&E came out to investigate. A short time later, PG&E crews were able to fix the gas valve and students returned to class.
The principal said none of the school's 2,100 students complained of headaches or other health problems. "The evacuation was called around 11 o clock and we got the all clear call to return to the classrooms about 11:20, and we had students back in the classroom shortly after that between 11:25 and 11:30," said Michael Allen, Roosevelt High School Principal.
The Roosevelt principal said all afternoon and evening activities at the school are continuing as planned.