FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --A lawsuit filed against the owner of the Summerset Village Apartment complex is getting more serious.
The residents of the Central Fresno apartments went weeks without heat after leaking gas lines were discovered last winter.
A lawsuit was filed on behalf of more than one hundred residents. And on Wednesday, the suit is being ammended to include the widow of a man who may have died because of the conditions.
"Her husband passed away earlier this year as a result of pneumonia which we contend is the result of the extended lack of heat, hot water and cooking facillities at the Summerset complex," attorney John Cadwalder said.
The suit seeks unspecified damages against the owner of the complex Chris Henry.
The city cited Henry for hundreds of code violations but most of the issues have now been repaired.