- 1 1/2 cups skim or low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 slices whole grain sandwich bread
- 4 Tbsp. raspberry jam
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- Use a cookie cutter to cut heart shapes into a slice of bread. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Mix the milk, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together in a bowl using a whisk. Spray the griddle with cooking spray.
- Preheat griddle for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture. Flip to cover both sides.
- Carefully, place the bread onto the hot griddle. When each slice is golden brown underneath, turn it over and cook the other side. Move to a cutting board and allow to cool.
- Dust 4 heart shapes lightly with powdered sugar using a small strainer and spoon. Spread the remaining 4 heart shapes with raspberry jam.
Serve with Syrup if desired.