- 1 Large Beefsteak or heirloom tomato
- 1 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze or reduction
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Place the tomato upside down on a cutting board. Slice tomato vertically making sure not to slice all the way through to leave 1/2 in un cut at the bottom. You can put a chopstick on both sides of the tomato to stop the knife from slicing through.
- Gently open the slices to create a gap. Fill the gap with sliced mozzarella cheese, then with a fresh basil leaf.
- Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic glaze.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
Serve & Enjoy!