LOS BANOS, Calif. (KFSN) --A special needs student from a Los Banos area high school is out of the hospital after eating a pot-laced brownie.
Minnie Flores, 16, was walking to Pacheco High School when her mother said a fellow classmate gave her a 'special' brownie. Inside the brownie was 160 mg of THC and Minnie ate the entire edible.
"She has a massive bruise on her arm because she was combative. There were four officers that had to hold her down and tie her up," said the student's mother Christina Flores.
The Los Banos Police Department said one of Minnie's classmates is being investigated for supplying the edible. It's the third reported case of edible drug sales for the school district in just one week.
"The girl said to the school that she sold it, if she said she sold it she put herself out there for charges," said Flores.
Flores said, besides pushing for criminal charges against the teen suspect, she's blasting the school district for their response to the case. She said the nurse called her an hour and a half after discovering Minnie was ill. And Minnie's heart was beating so fast, Flores-- who works in the medical field-- said she could've gone into cardiac arrest.
"That's something that I'm looking into. But I don't know the exact timeline of when the student came into the nurses offices to when the ambulance was called," said secondary school assistant superintendent Paul Enos.
Because of complications from a premature birth, the 16-year-old has poor vision and reads at a fifth-grade level. So Minnie's mother said based on the packaging she believes Minnie didn't know what she was ingesting.
"Somebody needs to be held accountable. And the accountability falls on the adults who are supposed to monitoring the children," said Flores.