Red, White, & blue Caprese Salad:
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 carton mini fresh mozzarella balls in seasoning
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, washed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Olive oil & balsamic glaze
- Salt & pepper
Mix all ingredients in a large serving bowl. Toss with olive oil & balsamic to coat along with salt and pepper to taste.
Red, white, & blue parfait
- Pound cake or angel food cake, chopped into 1-inch cubes.
- Pudding mix (recipe below)
- Strawberries- diced
- Blueberries- diced
- 1 cup milk (to prepare instant pudding)
- 1 3.5 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream- made into whipped cream 1. Whisk together milk & pudding mix to prepare pudding according to package instructions.
- 2. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until it's fully combined. Fold in prepared whipping cream.
For the parfaits:
- You will need 4 mason jars
Fill bottom of the jar with 2 TB cubed cake. Drizzle with pudding mix and sprinkle with strawberries and blueberries. Repeat the layering process, finishing with the berries on top & possibly a dollop of whipped cream to garnish.
Happy 4th of July and Enjoy!