FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) --A quick response by fire crews kept a blaze at a Northwest Fresno apartment complex from spreading.
Firefighters were called out shortly after nine this morning for the fire at an apartment on Emerson near West Avenue. They were able to knock down the fire in the bedroom of one of the upstairs units in minutes, and kept the blaze from spreading to other nearby units.
Crews say one person was home at the time of the fire. That person, they say, left a candle unattended which they believe sparked the blaze.
Those who live in the apartment can't return due to the damage. No one was hurt in the blaze.