- 10 oz bacon, 1 inch slices
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In an oven safe pan, render bacon, continue until cooked though but still soft.
- Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon & drain some of the fat.
- Over medium high heat, add sweet potatoes to heated pan, spreading into an even layer. Let cook and try to not to stir for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Stir in onion and bell pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add in kale and cook for 2 minutes. Stir back in cooked bacon. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Use the back of a spoon to make 6 wells in the cooked mixture.
- Crack an egg into each well. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until eggs are set.
Cook longer if you prefer eggs less runny.
Garnish with sliced avocado & serve with toast