Abandoned home destroyed by large fire in Southwest Fresno

EMBED </>More Videos

Firefighters believe squatters are to blame for a large fire in Southwest Fresno. (KFSN)

Firefighters believe squatters are to blame for a large fire in Southwest Fresno. That fire consumed an 8,000 square foot abandoned building Friday night.

Investigators believe it was started by a cooking fire.

An occupied house right next door was saved with minimal damage.

"It's been a frequented building-- at this point the building is down on the ground as you can see behind me, which we hope will signify that we won't be here anymore," said Dep. Chief Todd Tuggle, Fresno Fire Department.

During the firefight power lines into the building burned and dropped onto a nearby fence energizing the area and making it dangerous for firefighters-- fortunately no one was hurt.

Related Topics:
newshouse firefirefresnoFresno - Southwest
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments
FRESNO
More fresno

NEWS
More News

Top Stories
Show More