House fire in Central Fresno may have started due to electrical issue

EMBED </>More Videos

Fire crews believe an electrical issue may have started a fire at a Central Fresno home Tuesday night. (KFSN)

Fire crews believe an electrical issue may have started a fire at a Central Fresno home Tuesday night. The fire broke out just after 10:00 p.m. on Clinton near Blackstone.

Firefighters said it started in the back of the house and worked its way to the attic. The residents and pets were able to get out safely and crews said they were able to save most of their belongings.

Kirk Wanless, Battalion Chief with Fresno Fire, said, "We were able to cover up and salvage most of their belongings, but unfortunately, it'll take weeks, months, before they're able to move back into the house."

The extent of damage is not yet known.

Related Topics:
house firefresnoFresno - Central
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments