Candle leaves Texas woman with serious burns after she attempts to blow it out

EMBED </>More Videos

A common household item caused major injuries for a Texas woman. (KFSN)

A common household item caused major injuries for a Texas woman.

Surveillance video shows Ashley Brawley trying to blow out a large flame on a three-wick vanilla candle from Bath and Body Works. Her boyfriend said the hot wax splashed onto her face causing first and second degree burns.

Brawley is doing okay and recovering in the hospital.

The candle was burning for nearly three and a half hours and the product said not to burn it more than three hours at a time.

Bath and Body Works is now working with the couple to see if it was defective.

Related Topics:
burn injuriesexplosionu.s. & worldTexas
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments