Electrical box sparks garage fire in Northwest Fresno

EMBED </>More Videos

Several people were forced from their Northwest Fresno home Friday morning after a fire sparked in the garage. (KFSN)

Several people were forced from their Northwest Fresno home Friday morning after a fire sparked in the garage.

The blaze broke out around 3:30 a.m. near Stuart and Torrey Pines Avenues. It appears to have originated in the electrical box and when firefighters arrived they saw arcing power lines.

Fire officials said flames spread into the attic above the roof but didn't get into the home.

Five adults and one child live in the home.

Those residents are temporarily displaced because PG&E had to be shut off power to the home.

Red Cross is helping them with a temporary place to stay.

Related Topics:
house firefirefresnoFresno - Northeast
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments