Improperly extinguished firework causes garage fire in Madera, authorities say

EMBED </>More Videos

Authorities say fireworks are to blame for an early morning blaze in Madera. (KFSN)

Authorities say fireworks are to blame for an early morning blaze in Madera.

The fire broke out between two homes on Joya near Diamond street, catching the garage of one of the homes on fire. Firefighters say it was from fireworks that were improperly extinguished.

"You're going to need to be sure the fireworks are all the way out. That you have soaked them in water. That they're not warm at all. It's the same thing... in the wintertime we get fires like this. People dump their ashes, hot ashes into the trash can. They think they're cool, but they're not all the way cool," said Matt Watson, Cal Fire.

No one was hurt, and there's no estimate on damages.

Related Topics:
fireworkshouse firemadera countyMadera
(Copyright ©2017 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments