- 2-4 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Can Apple Pie Filling (or make from scratch, recipe below)
- 1 pie crust
Apple Pie filling:
- 2 apples, peels removed & sliced thin
- 2 TB Brown sugar
- 1 Tb Sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Few drops Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Preheat oven to 375
1. Slice of top of apple and hallow out the inside making sure to scoop out all seeds and not pierce the flesh.
2. Fill with apple Pie filling.
3. Roll out pie crust and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Lay 1 row of crust along the top of the apple. To make the lattice, lift alternating slices and lay down an intersecting strip. Flip slices down and lift up the opposite alternating slices, laying down another intersecting strip. Repeat this until the top is covered.
4. Place apple in baking dish & cover the bottom with water. Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the tin foil & bake another 20minutes to allow the crust to brown. Let cool for a few minutes & enjoy with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
Fall Festive Apple Drink
- 2 Apples
- Apple Cider, Warmed
- Cinnamon Stick
- Whole Allspice and/or nutmeg
- Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Sugar
Slice off top of apple and hallow out inside making sure not to pierce the skin.
Coat rim of apple with caramel sauce.
Mix cinnamon & sugar in shallow dish.
Dip caramel covered apple in cinnamon sugar.
Fill with your favorite Fall beverage.