- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes, or until browned, stirring frequently; drain excess liquid.
2. Stir in refried beans and salsa, breaking up mixture with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat, scrape down sides with a spatula, and smooth mixture evenly in skillet.
3. Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream in concentric circles (one inside the next) on top of beef mixture and serve immediately.
Note: If you prefer, remove beef mixture to a platter then layer with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.