- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 8-inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream the granulated sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat thoroughly. Gradually blend in baking soda, flour, and salt. Beat in mashed banana and 1 teaspoon vanilla until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour mixture into prepared cake pans. Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes then remove cakes from pans and place on a wire rack to cool.
4. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and butter; beat until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Frost cake and sprinkle with peanuts.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.