- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until no pink remains, stirring occasionally to break up the turkey.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Note: For added flavor, chop some additional onion to sprinkle on top, or top each with a dollop of reduced-fat sour cream or your favorite shredded low-fat cheese.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.