- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mixed vegetables, undrained (see Option)
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole potatoes, drained and quartered, liquid reserved
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and quartered, liquid reserved
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth
1. In a soup pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the beef, onion, garlic, and pepper, and cook for 10 minutes, or until the beef is browned, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the reserved liquids, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 1 hour, or until the beef is tender and a thick gravy has formed, stirring occasionally.
Option: For a chunkier stew, use 1 can cut green beans and 1 can sliced carrots instead of the 2 cans of mixed vegetables
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.