- 1/2 gallon eggnog or vanilla ice cream
- Cake decorating candies or mini chocolate chips
- 6 peppermint patties
- 6 licorice gumdrops or small peanut butter cups
- 6 pieces red licorice
- 12 chocolate-dipped reception sticks
- 6 small candy canes
- Shredded, sweetened coconut or white chocolate shavings
1. Place a large scoop of ice cream on a dessert plate then place a smaller scoop on top. Decorate ice cream like a snowman, using cake decorating candies or mini chocolate chips to make eyes, mouths and buttons (see Note).
2. Place a peppermint patty on snowman's "head" and place a gumdrop or peanut butter cup askew on top of the patty, making a top hat. Wrap a piece of red licorice between the two ice cream scoops to make a scarf.
3. Stick 2 reception sticks into the larger scoop to make arms and hang a candy cane on one of the arms. Scatter coconut or white chocolate shavings lightly around and on top of each snowman.
4. Store in freezer while making 5 more snowmen with remaining ingredients, then serve.
Note: Work quickly or freeze between steps so the ice cream won't melt!
Courtesy of Edy's Grand Ice Cream
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.