- 4 Cornish game hens, thawed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 lemon slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse hens under cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle each hen with salt and pepper. Place hens on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate with the water then pour mixture over the hens. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small pan, combine the remaining apple juice concentrate, the cornstarch and cinnamon over medium heat; mix well. Add 4 lemon slices and continue cooking until thickened. Remove from heat and brush sauce over hens.
5. Return hens to oven and bake 15 more minutes, or until golden outside, no pink remains and juices run clear.
Recipe courtesy of www.tyson.com
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2007 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.