Spears hospitalized after custody dispute

LOS ANGELES (KABC) Britney Spears is in the hospital Friday morning after a dramatic standoff at her home and a wild ambulance ride.

Spears was wheeled out of her Studio City home Thursday night in a gurney. She had reportedly locked herself in a bathroom for three hours, and according to LAPD she was under the influence of an unknown substance.

At 8 p.m. police had arrived at her home after she refused to turn over her two children to their father Kevin Federline in accordance to a custody agreement.

In all, six police cars, two ambulances and a fire truck had entered the gated-community that includes Spears' house.

A media circus followed. Several police cars escorted the ambulance out of the Studio City neighborhood through Beverly Hills to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, followed by dozens of paparazzi.

Friends and family followed Spears to the hospital, including a woman believed to be an attorney in a black car along with one of Spears' young sons.

It was a chaotic scene. Neighbors in the gated community say they have never seen anything like it.

"I didn't even know Britney Spears lived here actually so I was just wowed by like how much paparazzi would come. And it was kind of disgusting how they would like chase her down in the ambulance," said Tara Nahai.

"I mean it's crazy 'cause before Jennifer Lopez lived, here never any problems. Now Gwen Stefani lives here, never any problems. It just seems like Britney Spears is the big problem," said Karina Nahai, Britney Spears' neighbor.

Ex-husband Kevin Federline and their other son joined Spears at the hospital, along with a man Spears has been seeing lately, film producer Sam Lutfi.

The evening of turmoil was proceeded by Spears' deposition in her custody dispute. She showed up hours late to the deposition. She answered questions for only 14 minutes then left.

Spears was admitted to Cedars just before midnight. There is no word on what she ingested or how much.

Copyright © 2021 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.