Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless beef rib eye roast
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place meat in pan.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well then rub over meat. Roast 1 hour.
- Brush currant jelly over meat and roast 20 to 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center registers 145°F. for medium-rare, or until desired doneness.
- Remove meat to a cutting board and allow to sit 10 to 15 minutes before carving across the grain.
1/2 cup currant jelly
1/2 cup Burgundy wine
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Melt currant jelly in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in wine, cornstarch, and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.