Fresno Man Siphons Gasoline, House Catches Fire

FRESNO, Calif. The flames torched the boat and did a lot of damage inside the garage, but firefighters cut off the path into the house and saved it from serious damage.

Firefighters say, in the rain, people typically try to siphon gas or fill the tanks of their lawnmowers in the garage, but it's a bad idea.

Chuck Tobias Fresno Fire Dept. Battalion Chief said, "Gas fumes, they don't pay attention to what the weather's like. They're looking for an ignition source and they're going to go. That's what the case was today."

This homeowner was also lucky there weren't explosions because he had live ammunition in the garage, not far from where the flames burned.

Copyright © 2019 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.