Here are some reminders from the C.H.P. for driving in the fog:
- Drive with lights on low beam because high beams will reflect off the fog, creating a "white wall" effect.
- Reduce your speed and watch your speedometer. Fog creates a visual illusion of slow motion when you may actually be speeding.
- Avoid crossing traffic lanes.
- Travel with the drivers window partially open. Listen for traffic.
- Watch for C.H.P. pace cars to guide you. Don't try to pass them.
- Consider postponing your trip until the fog lifts.