Makes 4 Cups
2 (20-ounce) packages frozen peaches, thawed
2 cups sugar
1 cup bourbon (see Note)
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 45 to 60 minutes, or until peaches have broken down and syrup has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Even though the alcohol in the bourbon cooks off, if you'd prefer, you can substitute water for the bourbon.
- This makes a great topping for waffles, pancakes and ice cream.