- 1/2 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top or bottom round steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips (see Options)
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté beef 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, scallions, and garlic, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
Red or green, even yellow, orange or purple bell peppers will do the trick here. You might have a different color on hand every time you make this, and it's okay to use whatever you've got!