Baking Time: 12 min
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (see Option)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) chocolate frosting
- 8 ounces (half a 16-ounce container) vanilla frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs; mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Frost half of the flat side of each cookie with vanilla frosting and the other half with chocolate frosting. Serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
To make chocolate half moon cookies, simply use chocolate cake mix instead of white.